We’re looking for someone who is multi-skilled in education as well as senior management, and who can make and maintain partnerships and secure the funds. They will:
- have relevant formal qualifications and experience in both education and management;
- be an organiser who thrives in an inclusive, high-energy work place and is committed to working in a community organisation;
- inspire and activate individuals and communities; and
- have a passion for and holistic understanding of local and global environmental matters.
They will join a team of passionate professionals in an award-winning, outcome-focused, dynamic community environmental organisation.
The position is a 12 months contracted position; fulltime, at a salary of approximately $94,000 plus superannuation.
Applications should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and close on Monday 6 January 2020 at 11:59 PM. Applications received after this time will not be accepted.
Please enclose a page CV, a document briefly addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and a 1 page covering letter mentioning when you would be available to start and explaining why you would be the ideal choice.
Download the Position Description from our advertisement on Ethical Jobs.
Student Placement (Next intake term 1, 2019)
The EcoCentre provides a range of opportunities for university and high school students to complete their work experience or student placement.
Current opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- Tomorrow's Leaders for Sustainability project - documenting, reviewing and evaluating the delivery of our award-winning student leadership program
- Environmental Education social media project - developing and implementing a social media program to promote and showcase the programs, events and achievements of the EcoCentre
- Development of environmental educational curriculum resources - aligned to biodiversity, energy, waste and water
- Creation of short environmental educational films for use in classroom and excursions
- Assisting the Environmental Education team to deliver a wide range of school programs and excursions
Teacher Placement (Next intake term 1, 2019)
The EcoCentre provides a range of opportunities for pre-teacher students, teachers on maturnity/ paternity leave or those who have been out of the of the classroom who would like to experience a range of pedagogy and educational opportunities in a variety of schools.
Teachers on placement will 'shadow' our Educators are they deliver a wide range of incursion and excursions.
For more information on student and teacher placements please contact our Education Team email@example.com or (03) 9525 3102
Student and Teacher placements are voluntary.