Treasurer (Volunteer position)
The EcoCentre's Committee of Management are looking for an experienced person who can undertake the requirements of the role as set out in the Treasurer Position Description, to be found on Ethical Jobs.
The EcoCentre is a non-profit environment community organisation that is also a resource for groups, individuals and the business community in the City of Port Phillip and wider region.
Our mission is to build relationships, educate and demonstrate sustainable environmental practice and strengthen people's connection to the natural world.
The EcoCentre is comprised of the Committee of Management, our members, staff and volunteers. The Committee of Management is established in accordance with the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 and the Port Phillip EcoCentre Inc. Constitution. It is responsible to ensure proper management of the business and affairs of the EcoCentre.
The ideal candidate would:
- be a CPA or CA or have strong accounting and financial management skills;
- have experience at being a Treasurer for a Not-for-profit organisation that is also a community organisation;
- preferably have experience in managing or advising on financial investments for a NFP organisation;
- be a person who shared the EcoCentre's vision for the organisation and is committed to its mission and values.
Is this you? Please get in touch!
Email a CV and one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Placement (Next intake term 3, 2020)
The EcoCentre provides a range of opportunities for university and high school students to complete their work experience or student placement.
Current opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- • Tomorrow's Leaders for Sustainability project - documenting, reviewing and evaluating the delivery of our award-winning student leadership program
- • Environmental Education social media project - developing and implementing a social media program to promote and showcase the programs, events and achievements of the EcoCentre
- • Development of environmental educational curriculum resources - aligned to biodiversity, energy, waste and water
- Creation of short environmental educational films for use in classroom and excursions
- Assisting the Environmental Education team to deliver a wide range of school programs and excursions
Teacher Placement (Next intake term 3, 2020)
The EcoCentre provides a range of opportunities for pre-service teachers, educators on parental leave or those who have been out of the of the classroom who would like to experience a range of pedagogy and educational opportunities in a variety of schools.
Teachers on placement will 'shadow' our Educators are they deliver a wide range of incursion and excursions.
For more information on student and teacher placements please contact our Education Team email@example.com or (03) 9525 3102
Student and Teacher placements are voluntary.